This travel policy defines travel and conference attendance guidelines for 2020.
The #travel Slack channel should be used for all travel-related requests such as hotel bookings, flight tickets and so on.
Regardless of how much time you spend traveling, we consider travel days (Mon-Fri) as full 8-hour workdays. Travel during the weekend (Sat-Sun) is not considered work time, but we always try to book trips during the workweek.
We choose comfortable seats and arrangements to allow people to work during the journey and make up for the lost time, but working is not mandatory since not everyone is comfortable working while on the move.
If you miss yours because of reasons not caused by Nebulab or the carrier, you will have to reach the destination at your expense, if possible.
We'll reserve first-class seats at the time preferred by the team member, if possible. There might be fluctuations of 1 hour from the scheduled time.
Flight seat categories are the following:
- Italy/Europe: Economy
- Worldwide: Economy with comfort seat (when possible, for flights over 6 hours)
Considering the frequency of our trips abroad, we advise obtaining a passport as soon as you enter the company, as release times can vary wildly depending on the time of the year.
Make sure to check-in online 24-48 hours in advance and print your boarding pass before departure.
We prefer to travel by public transport, but if you have to travel by car, the following policies apply:
- if you use your vehicle between the main offices (Pescara/Latina - Latina/Pescara) there's a flat-rate reimbursement of €150.00 per round-trip;
- if you use your car in Italy, we'll refer to the ViaMichelin cost estimation;
- total reimbursement for group B rental cars, including fuel and highway fees.
Use Uber if you need a quick, easy ride around the city.
Before your departure, check if Uber is available at your destination (you can do it from here). Also make sure you're part of the Nebulab Uber organization (if you're not, ask for it in the #travel Slack channel).
All you have to do if you need a ride is book your Uber as usual and select "Nebulab Srls" from the account selection menu.
Where possible, we'll prefer rooms with two single beds or two queen beds.
|City size||Country||Budget (per night per room)||Examples|
|Large||Italy||120€||Rome, Milan, Florence, Bologna, Turin|
|Large||Europe||150€||London, Paris, Berlin|
|Large||Worldwide||200€||New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto|
To obtain reimbursement, you'll have to use your American Express corporate credit card. Transactions made through the company credit card don't require an expense report. For all expenses where the company credit card cannot be used, or if you refused to have a corporate credit card, you'll have to submit an expense report, attaching your receipts (for both meals and travel) within seven days of your return.
You can also download the “Factorial” native mobile application to enter expenses from your phone.
Reimbursement for travel in Italy
We offer full reimbursement for the following expenses: train tickets, flight tickets, car rentals, bus tickets, hotel stay with breakfast and event ticket. Meals are on the team member. Moreover, we offer full reimbursement for Taxi/Bus rides from/to the train station, bus station or airport to/from the hotel and for the journey hotel/venue/hotel.
Reimbursement for international travel
We offer full reimbursement for the following expenses: train tickets, flight tickets, car rentals, bus tickets, travel insurance, hotel stays, event ticket and a daily refund of up to €60,00/day for meals including tips. This daily allowance is cumulative for all days spent abroad. Alcoholic and soft drinks are included with meals but must not exceed €15 per day.
We also fully reimburse any Uber, cab or public transport rides from/to your train station, bus station, airport, hotel or venue.
We do not reimburse hotel minibar consumptions, pay-per-view TV, or any fines for traffic violations.
We provide adequate medical insurance for any trips outside the EU.
Here's our company information if you need to ask for an invoice:
Nebulab Srls Strada Comunale Piana, 3 65129 Pescara (PE) Italia Partita IVA (VAT ID): IT02112180688 Codice fiscale (Tax ID): IT02112180688 Electronic invoice code: M5UXCR1
Make sure to request an invoice when checking out at a hotel, if you're in charge of the reservation!
We will organize one team retreat per year. Team retreats usually last one week and give us a chance to get to know each other better, build trust and improve communication and cooperation.
They're also a lot of fun!
We'll inform everyone of team retreats at least three months in advance. Attendance is not mandatory, but strongly encouraged.
- Wi-Fi Finder detects free Wi-fi networks.
- MetrO, Kinevia is a free mobile guide to public transport systems worldwide. It provides the fastest route to your point of interest considering the day of the week and the time of the day.
- the official app of your airline will often allow you to download an e-ticket for Apple Wallet or Pass2U Wallet. Also, it will provide handy information about your flight.
- MyTaxi is a taxi app available in 9 European countries (including Italy).
- Always watch your passport's expiration date. Make sure it expires in at least 6 months.
- Also ensure you always have at least two blank pages for visas in your passport.
- If you are traveling to the US or plan on renting a car/staying in a hotel, you will need a credit card. If you don't have one, get one from your bank or use the American Express corporate credit card.
- You can find useful information for the country you are visiting, such as any practices needed to enter the country (visa, vaccinations etc), on the Farnesina website.