How we work
Every month, we hold an All-Hands meeting. We use this session to provide useful information to all team members to increase transparency on Nebulab's direction, successes, failures, and next challenges.
The meeting is completely asynchronous - we want everyone to be able to receive the updates whenever they feel like it or to re-watch important parts of the meeting.
The meeting covers several topics:
- Keynote A general presentation of the topics for the current All-Hands meeting. This mainly serves to understand what topics will be touched in the meeting you're about to attend. Often, there is an introduction of new hires to the team, so everyone has some information about them. Here we may also talk about people who have left the company if that happens.
- Strategy. This topic covers the high-level decisions that we are doing to make Nebulab grow. We talk about new sales initiatives, our hiring process, or how we are setting things up for personal and professional growth of individuals. We share such information with everyone both to be aligned and to receive any feedback about the direction in which we're going.
- New projects. We introduce new clients, talking about their business, their team, which team members are assigned to work with them, and why we think the client is a good fit for us. If we have lost a client instead, we honestly share what didn't work with them.
- Policy of the Month. We are very proud of this Playbook, it's our set of policies and every employee can refer to these pages when they have some doubts about how to behave. Anyway, it's unrealistic to expect that everyone recalls all the Playbook's content. This space reminds us about a single policy we have in the Playbook so we can jog our memory about that specific thing. The policy of the month is chosen by the meeting's organizers.
- Playbook changes. When policies change in our Playbook, there's no better way to talk about them with the rest of the team. This allows us to share why things have changed and how these differences will impact company life.
- Project Updates Team leads have the chance to present a short update on the work that their team is doing. This is the place to celebrate successes, share knowledge and understand what other teams are doing.
Make sure to join the channel #all-hands to receive the link to the meeting, the meeting notes, updates, agendas, and useful links for each All Hands meeting. The channel will also be used for Q&A.